Update – 16th October 2021
Our Christmas Menu is now available and can be found here.
We have revised our opening times for the winter period. Please check that we are open before travelling. We wouldn’t want to disappoint you!
We have a couple of events coming up, most notably our Christmas Draw which will take place on Saturday December 18th. Further details on our Events page
We still have the following Covid preventative measures in place to try and ensure that your visit is as safe as possible:
- Please follow any guidance you are given by our staff.
- Please continue to respect social distancing guidelines where possible.
- Customers that wish to eat/drink outside must order inside.
- Customers that wish to eat/drink inside will still be served at the table. There will be no need to visit the bar if you do not want to.
- Although you do not have to wear a mask within our premises, our staff will still be wearing face masks and using sanitisers regularly to keep themselves and our customers as safe as possible.
- Please book ahead if you can. The distance between tables inside has been increased by removing some from the original layout – hence we still have reduced capacity.
- We have implemented a stricter cleaning regime – please do not sit at a table where the sign indicates it has not been cleaned.
- Finally, if you or anyone in your household are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 we ask you to stay home!
Having said all that, we look forward to seeing you.
You will find The Tradesmans Arms in the heart of Scorriton Village near Buckfastleigh. We are only a 3 mile drive from the A38 Devon Expressway. The Tradesmans Arms was refurbished and re-opened on the 30th January 2009 after being closed for 14 months. Now in the hands of new owners and hosts, Kevin and Suzanne, The Tradesmans Arms is a traditional “country pub” with modern styling and a very friendly welcome. We offer quality real ales, home cooked food, a selection of wines and comfortable B&B accommodation.
Enjoy the unique experience of being able to walk straight from the front door onto the Dartmoor National park, returning to find a warm atmosphere created by our wood burning stove and friendly welcoming staff. Alternatively relax in our beer garden overlooking the stunning Little Combe Valley.
The Tradesmans Arms is also directly on the path of the Two Moors Way. So if you are planning to walk the whole trail, we are ideally located at the end of the Ivybridge to Scorriton stretch.
Dogs are more than welcome at The Tradesmans Arms – as long as the well behaved owners are securely attached to their lead!
We hold a weekly quiz night every Thursday night. The quiz starts at 9pm, the cost of which is a mere £1 per person. All proceeds go to one of our nominated charities. We also have occasional live music. See our Events page for up and coming music nights.