We’re registered for the “Eat Out To Help Out” promotion. Enjoy a 50% discount (up to £10 per head) on all food and soft drinks every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday throughout August!
Update – 3rd July 2020
We’ve been working hard since the start of the lockdown. Making some changes to The Tradesmans Arms, to make the pub a more inviting place for you all.
We have now re-opened. Our opening times are the same as before.
As mentioned in previous posts, we wouldn’t be doing this if we didn’t think this could be achieved in a safe way. However, it will require your co-operation.
- Please follow any guidance you are given by our staff.
- Please follow all signs and floor markings.
- Please be patient if we are busy. It is going to take us longer than normal to serve you. But we will get to you – promise.
- Please respect current social distancing guidelines. Only two households are allowed to meet inside provided they are from the same “social bubble”. Groups of six from different households can meet outside but should remain socially distant.
- We will have a ‘one way’ system in place for all customers. Please enter by the front door and exit by the side (car park) door.
- Customers that wish to eat/drink outside will be allowed into our bar to place their orders. Drinks will be placed on a tray at the end of the bar so they may be carried outside. We would ask that only one person from each group enter the bar to order and pay.
- Customers that wish to eat/drink inside will be served at the table. There will be no need to visit the bar.
- The toilets will have a strict ‘one in one out’ policy. Hand sanitiser is placed outside each toilet. Please use before entering. Please wash your hands before leaving.
- We would like to take the name and contact number of every visitor entering the pub. This is for NHS track and trace purposes only. All data will be destroyed after 21 days.
- Please DO NOT bring your glasses back to the bar. As much as we appreciate your help – in the current environment our staff will clear the table for you.
- Our staff will be wearing face visors and using sanitisers regularly to keep themselves and our customers as safe as possible.
- Please book ahead if you can. The distance between tables inside has been increased by removing some from the original layout – hence we have reduced capacity.
- We have implemented a stricter cleaning regime – please do not sit at a table where the sign indicates it has not been cleaned.
- Finally, if you or anyone in your household are showing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 we ask you to stay home!
Having said all that, we look forward in seeing you all again
You will find The Tradesmans Arms in the heart of Scorriton Village near Buckfastleigh. We are only a 3 mile drive from the A38 Devon Expressway. The Tradesmans Arms was refurbished and re-opened on the 30th January 2009 after being closed for 14 months. Now in the hands of new owners and hosts, Kevin and Suzanne, The Tradesmans Arms is a traditional “country pub” with modern styling and a very friendly welcome. We offer quality real ales, home cooked food, a selection of wines and comfortable B&B accommodation.
Enjoy the unique experience of being able to walk straight from the front door onto the Dartmoor National park, returning to find a warm atmosphere created by our wood burning stove and friendly welcoming staff. Alternatively relax in our beer garden overlooking the stunning Little Combe Valley.
The Tradesmans Arms is also directly on the path of the Two Moors Way. So if you are planning to walk the whole trail, we are ideally located at the end of the Ivybridge to Scorriton stretch.
Dogs are more than welcome at The Tradesmans Arms – as long as the well behaved owners are securely attached to their lead!
We hold a weekly quiz night every Thursday night. The quiz starts at 9pm, the cost of which is a mere £1 per person. All proceeds go to one of our nominated charities. We also have occasional live music. See our Events page for up and coming music nights.